Fit Flash to browser
How to span Flash movie to 100% of the browser window
This example demonstrates how to create a HTML file that fits the Flash movie to the size of the browser window.
Open Flash in a new window
- Open your Flash project and choose File > Export Web Page
- If prompted save SWF file as test.swf
- Alligator will export website files
- Download the following zip file and extract contents to the same folder where your test.swf file has been exportedt1089.zip
- Double click test100 to verify if it displays your Flash movie
- Modify test100 file to adjust the background color or the path to your swf file
- If required change the name test100 to index so it will be the default file on the website
To find out the background color of your movie choose Movie > Export Options and click Background Color
Your Flash project may have custom size, but the best proportions are
10:6 (browser window). You can set the frame size to
1000 x 600 pixels.
If you plan to design a full screen presentation in kiosk mode (without browser toolbars)
you can choose standard screen proportions
4:3 for example 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 pixels,
or setup 16:9 widescreen proportions for example 800 x 450 or HD compatible 1280 x 720.
Download source project t1089.zip (15 kb)